Sunday, August 15, 2010

Look Fab For Less!

Who Wore It: Christina Hendricks


  The AMC show Mad Men is one of my favs and my favorite actress on that show happens to be Sterling Coopers pin up girl/office manager Christina Hendricks bka "Joan Holloway Harris". Her curves have been all the rage since the shows premiere in 2007. She always finds a way to accentuate those curves and at the season four premiere of the hit show she didn’t stray too far away from her familiar bodycon frockery. Christina wore Dolce and Gabbana from head to toe, pairing up a formfitting black lace dress with black crochet pumps. I think the dress is fierce and I would like to get this look for less. Here's my take on this red carpet stunner:

Christina Hendricks in Dolce and Gabbana
$ Too much for me


 Kiyonna 3/4 Sleeved Scalloped Boudoir Lace Dress
 $148.00



Option 1: Elizabeth and James "Janet" lace 4"
$195.00



Option 2: Black Victoria Lace-Up Heel
$29.98 Clearance
  So here are my suggestions for a perfect yet affordable mimic of the Dolce and Gabbana dress and heels worn by Christina Hendricks on the red carpet.  Kiyonna 3/4 Sleeved Scalloped Boudoir Lace Dress is under $200 and would definitely be a great addition to your closet.    

  The 3/4 length sleeve is a look that is easy to wear and works well for someone with larger shoulders and/or arms that may be uncomfortable going “un-sleeved”. If your daring enough or crazy like me you could even take up the hem on the lining about an inch or 2 or 3. Don’t get too carried away or you’ll end up having to wear our jeans or better yet jeggings underneath! Which with some slits cut down the sides might actually be a hot look, but I digress.


  Don’t forget about your shoes and I discovered two pair that will might make you get a little misty eyed. As I tell my full figured divas, hey honey you have options! I selected these Elizabeth and James Janet lace 4 inchers with intricate detailing and the cutest little lace covered buttons running up the heel to the ankle. For those who don’t want to risk having an embarrassing fall (I’ll take my chances). I selected the Black Victoria Lace-Up Heel from Torrid our guardian angel of the plus size foot realm. Once again they impress with the lace overlaid stunner with an actual shoelace. This wide heel is actually also 4 inches so you definitely not losing any sexiness whichever you choose.

 Dont Forget:
Vintage Bobbie Jerome Black Clutch
$24.95


 One Perfect Flower
$18.00


Of course you can’t forget you trash can. A little black vintage inspired purse like this one by actual vintage Bobbie Jerome Clutch I found at http://www.artfire.com/ add some costume jewelry like this elegant piece by Soulful-Lee Yours or your favorite pieces and your ready to shine at any event- for less!  


 

No comments:

Post a Comment